The National University of Singapore (NUS) Political Science Society is organising their 10th session of the Singapore Model United Nations (SMUN). This year, SMUN will be held from 3 to 7 June. Kindly see the attached documents for more information. International delegates are welcome to join us.
Kindly go to http://smun2013-eorg.eventbrite.sg/ to register and make payment. If your educational institution has a large contingent to register, you can complete the attached document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!
Due to popular demand and the busy examination period, we have decided to extend the deadlines for both the June Camps, Camp Ignis & Camp Excelsior! The deadline has been extended to Friday, 24 May 2013, 12pm sharp.
We encourage schools and parents to apply soon in order to avoid disappointment as slots are filling up fast!
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Raffles Institution (Year 5-6) will be organizing the annual Raffles Debate Academy Under 14s Debate Tournament on 25 May and 1 June 2013 (Saturdays). We are currently looking for adjudicators, preferably J2 and above with prior adjudication experience.
The tournament will be held on 25 May (preliminary rounds) and 1 June (break rounds), from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, at Raffles Institution. Debating will be done in the modified (6min) World Schools’ format, and lunch will be provided on both days.
If you are interested in adjudicating and are available on either of these dates, please email email@example.com your name, mobile phone number, email address, dietary requirements, and which dates/times you will be free to adjudicate, by 18 May.
Thank you, and we hope to see you at the 2013 RDA-U14s!
Debate Association (Singapore) is proud to be organizing the Youth Debate Open 2013 in collaboration with the Jelutung Youth Executive Committee and Singapore National Co-Operative Federation (SNCF). As such, we are looking for experienced adjudicators to judge at this tournament.
The competition will be held over 2 days namely 22 & 23 June 2013 (Saturday & Sunday) at Anglo-Chinese Junior College. It is an excellent platform for debaters to hone their skills and meet likeminded peers. The tournament will be utilizing the World Schools style of debating.
Kindly complete the attached form if you are interested in adjudicating and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that deadline for replies is 26 May 2013.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Director (Adjudication Management)
Debate Association (Singapore)
The Singapore Secondary Schools Debating Championships 2013 concluded last week. The final results of the tournament are as follows:
RESULTS OF THE SINGAPORE SECONDARY SCHOOLS DEBATING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013
Organised and sponsored by Julia Gabriel Centre
Co-organised by Debate Association (Singapore)
Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
Raffles Girls’ School
Hwa Chong Institution
Catholic High School
Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
C.H.I.J. St. Nicholas Girls’ School
Singapore Chinese Girls’ School
National Junior College (Junior High)
Fairfield Methodist School
Victoria Junior College (I.P.)
Dunman High School
Singapore American School
Temasek Secondary School
Xinmin Secondary School
Tanjong Katong Girls’ School
Serangoon Secondary School
Loyang Secondary School
Woodgrove Secondary School
Anglican High School
Dunman Secondary School
Madrasah Al-Ma’arif Al-Islamiah
Montfort Secondary School
TOP 20 INDIVIDUAL SPEAKERS – DIVISION I
1. Peck Hsiao Tyng – Singapore Chinese Girls’ School
2. Ernest Goh Jun Hong – Raffles Institution
3. Bryan Yan Kai Jie – Hwa Chong Institution
4. Nabila Khan d/o Shakir Khan – Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
5. Timothy Ong Kah Yong – Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
6. Sophia Yew – Raffles Girls’ School
7. Lee Jing Ning – Nanyang Girls’ High School
8. Chong Ee Hsiun – Raffles Institution
9. Lai Yan – Raffles Girls’ School
10. Osel Pan Jue Wen – Catholic High School
11. Valerie Lim Xuan – C.H.I.J. St. Nicholas Girls’ School
12. Goh Han Yang – Catholic High School
13. Alyssa Marion Chua Jia Min – C.H.I.J. St. Nicholas Girls’ School
14. Isabella Eleanor Nubari – Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
15. Charmaine Chua Wei Ying – Nanyang Girls’ High School
16. Arthur Lee Han Teik – Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
17. Thirrisha Murugan – N.U.S. High School
18. Mrithika Sankaran – C.H.I.J. St. Joseph’s Convent
19. Sowmya Raghavan – Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
20. Rishabh Tagore – United World College of South East Asia
TOP 20 INDIVIDUAL SPEAKERS – DIVISION II
1. Chey Yew Hwei – Dunman High School
2. Victoria Seow – Victoria Junior College (I.P.)
3. Manoj Kumar Thiyagarajan – Temasek Academy
4. Keziah A. Simon – Fairfield Methodist School
5. Joie Tan – C.H.I.J. Katong Convent
6. Ching Ming Yang – Xinmin Secondary School
7. Meghna Ray – Global Indian International School
8. Nurul Farisha Binte Irwan – Temasek Secondary School
9. Beverley Liao Minn Li – Ngee Ann Secondary School
10. Amelia Woodward – Australian International School Singapore
11. Rohan Singh – Singapore American School
12. Ray Ng – National Junior College (Junior High)
13. Andrew Ng Jun De – Fairfield Methodist School
14. Ashruff B. Muhammed Ibrahim – St. Andrew’s Secondary School
15. Teng Wei Wen – Xinmin Secondary School
16. Issac Ko Zhi Heng – Fuhua Secondary School
17. Nabilah Binte Bahrim – National Junior College (Junior High)
18. Joseph Yeoh Yuen Kang – Victoria School
19. Goh Jun Wei – Dunman High School
20. Tara Arul Tiwari – St. Margaret’s Secondary School
TOP 20 INDIVIDUAL SPEAKERS – DIVISION III
1. Aqil B. Hamzah – Montfort Secondary School
2. Aruun s/o Thavabalan – Serangoon Secondary School
3. Gerard Berchman Fernandez – Montfort Secondary School
4. Serena Nauser – Woodgrove Secondary School
5. Benjamin Goh Yan Cong – Dunman Secondary School
6. Ryeson Tan Wen Jun – Hwa Chong International School
7. Stuart Yong Jun Hao – Woodgrove Secondary School
8. Yip Wen Qian – Hwa Chong International School
9. A’ishah Abdullattif – Bukit Batok Secondary School
10. Siti Alawiyah Binte Syed Alwi – Madrasah Al-Ma’arif Al-Islamiah
11. Pitchaya Liew – Anglican High School
12. Li Wee Shyan – Tanjong Katong Secondary School
13. Hanniel Lim Wen Te – Loyang Secondary School
14. Andy Sng Anil – Loyang Secondary School
15. Seow Wei Liang – Zhonghua Secondary School
16. Sharifah Shifa’ Binte Mohsen – Dunman Secondary School
17. Felicia Teo Jing Hui – Evergreen Secondary School
18. Ryan Koh Xian Qi – Tanjong Katong Secondary School
19. Veena Vinod – Tanjong Katong Girls’ School
20. Megan Cheah Shi Ying – Queenstown Secondary School
OTHER INDIVIDUAL SPEAKER AWARDS
Best Speaker in the Division I Grand Final:
Gavin Ezra Goh Shao Xian – Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
Best Speaker in the Division II Grand Final:
Manoj Kumar Thiyagarajan – Temasek Academy
Best Speaker in the Division III Grand Final:
Megan Apostol - Tanjong Katong Girls’ School
Best Speaker in the Division I Third-Place Debate:
Sophia Yew – Raffles Girls’ School
Best Floor Speaker at the Division I Grand Final event:
Risa Tan Xuan Ying – Singapore Chinese Girls’ School
Best Floor Speaker at the Division II & III Grand Final event:
Stuart Yong Jun Hao – Woodgrove Secondary School
The Singapore Secondary Schools Debating Championships (SSSDC) is a national secondary school debate competition, co-organised by Debate Association (Singapore) and Julia Gabriel Centre.
Debate Association (Singapore) is proud to be organizing the Singapore Red Cross International Humanitarian Law (SRC-IHL) Debate Series 2013!
The annual tournament aims to raise awareness about International Humanitarian Law issues and current global developments. It is a wonderful opportunity for your students to challenge themselves in a very focused setting. This year the tournament will be held over two days, namely 24 & 31 August 2013 (Saturday).
What's new this year, is that we will be accepting teams from Junior College, International Schools, ITE, Polytechnic and other equivalent pre-tertiary levels. You can find more information in the attached invitation letter as well as the accompanying tournament rules and regulations guide.
We strongly encourage all schools to participate in the high level of debates. Not to mention, there are attractive prizes to be won. Do take note that registration closes on 26 May 2013 and late registrations will not be entertained.
To register, please download the following documents and follow the instructions given: